Tonight I got home and wanted to eat anything BUT the delicious roasted root vegetable stew I made two nights ago (recipe forthcoming), so instead I made some breakfast for dinner– always a good thing! I paired cheesy, garlicky scrambled eggs with some leftover mashed sweet potatoes and a honeycrisp apple for a filling pre-yoga class meal.
Scrambled Eggs with Gorgonzola
- Extra-virgin olive oil, or your choice of pan-greaser
- 2 large eggs — I like brown, omega-3 fortified eggs, but that’s just me
- 2 tbsp gorgonzola cheese — although I probably used more…
- Splash of skim milk (optional)…wow, I was really giving the finger to my lactose-intolerant side tonight.
- Garlic powder, black pepper, and sea salt to taste
- Heat oil in pan.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, then add milk (if desired) and seasonings.
- Add eggs to hot pan; stir/flip/scramble with spatula so you don’t end up with a weird omelette thing.
- When eggs are nearly cooked, add gorgonzola.
- When gorgonzola is nice and melty, remove from heat.
- NOM NOM NOM