It’s still a little chilly out to be eating ice cream, but a little wishful thinking never hurt anyone. Maybe this strawberry banana milkshake with a splash of rum will make some nice warm weather arrive a little faster. Confession: I whipped up this boozy shake twice in 3 days, first for a movie night with an old friend over the weekend, and then just because it was Monday. (Both reasonable occasions, IMO.) I did us a real service, though, because at least now there’s no more ice cream in the house…
Boozy Strawberry Banana Milkshake
Basically serves 2, but if you want a mega serving like you’d get when ordering a milkshake at a diner, feel free to drink the whole thing by yourself. I won’t judge. Much.
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 pint strawberry ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 8-10 fresh or frozen strawberries, hulled
- 1 medium ripe banana
- *Optional* 2-3 oz rum (or more, ya lushes)
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Imbibe, and then please leave me a tipsy comment about how much you loved this milkshake.